Interview Questions

I have done 10 interview questions to ask an ESL teacher. It is a part of my assignment in Second Language Teaching course. I need to conduct an interview with an ESL teacher and these are all the questions that I have constructed:


1. What kind of language learners do you have? What are the ages and nationalities of your student? 

2. Do you think learning a second language is easier to some nationalities than others and why do you think so? (Compare two nationalities: Do Chinese learn a second language easier than Koreans?) 

3. Does age matter in learning a second language? (Do children learn quicker than adults?) When is the best time to learn second language? 

4. What methods, strategies and approaches do you use in teaching a second language and what do you think best work for your students? 

5. What are the specific ways you do that has been helpful in addressing your student’s concerns and needs in acquiring second language? (You can cite personal experiences).

6. Do you encounter any issues pertaining to teaching second language?

7. What is the difference between teaching written and spoken language and which do you think can be learned fast? 

8. What are the factors that influence your teaching techniques and approaches, methodologies, and strategies?

9. Do you think using traditional teaching methods is sufficient in acquiring second language? If not, what other methods do you use that you incorporate with it? What materials do you actually use? (ex. flash cards, textbooks, worksheets, internet, etc.)   

10. In your experience with diverse students whose English is not their first language, what is your perspective of structuralism (teaching second language in a structured approach – sentence structure, grammar, vocabularies, pronunciation) Is it better than teaching conversational English?

My interview with Lennie was amazing!!! I got the time to talk about things and stuff. I  missed talking to a friend. The interview went smoothly. We enjoyed every minute of it. I love the fact that she enjoyed it too. I'll send her a souvenir from New Zealand to remind her how thankful I am that she spared her time to help me out in my assignment.

2 comments:

Carlos said...

Hi

Tks very much for post:

I like it and hope that you continue posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: Preschool teacher interview questions

Best rgs
David

Kate said...

Hi Carlos/David, you are very welcome. Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep coming back as I have lots of things to blog about. Happy weekend! :)

Powered by Blogger.